The Apollo Initiative is…
- a collective of British Columbia youth orchestras that have recorded a new work, Apollo, by Canadian composer Jordan Nobles.
- the world premiere of Apollo, which was commissioned and composed specifically for the 350 participating young musicians to prepare and perform collectively in a digital format.
- the work of the participating ensembles: Coquitlam Youth Orchestra, Greater Victoria Youth Orchestra, Langley Community Music School Orchestra, Okanagan Symphony Youth Orchestra, Surrey Youth Orchestra, and the Vancouver Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Our goals for the Initiative are…
- to raise funds in support of youth mental health in British Columbia, under the auspices of the Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division (CMHA).
- to support the mental wellness of our youth, many of whom look to their participation in music as an important tool in their mental wellness strategy.
- to provide a musical goal and to keep the students motivated in this unusual season.
- to facilitate social connection for our youth, especially in this challenging time of social distancing.
You can participate by…
- watching Apollo. The world premiere streamed on Youth Mental Health Day, Friday, May 7, 2021, via Facebook and YouTube. The video will be available until Monday, May 31, 2021.
- giving to the Apollo Initiative through the CMHA. All proceeds are tax-deductible and will support youth mental health in British Columbia.