Your OSYO Fees include:
- a fun-filled time to meet your fellow musicians at the overnight camp event at Camp Hatikvah.This camp includes 4 rehearsals, yummy group meals, super fun outdoor activities and cabin sharing with new and old friends. Check out www.camphatikvah.com to view the gorgeous location and http://camphatikvah.com/facilities/
- weekly rehearsals begin from September 7, 2019 to May 3, 2020 (totalling about 80 hours!)
- opportunity to work on your own composition to be performed in an OSYO concert or be featured as a soloist in our concerto program
- mentorship and direction from the OSO’s Music Director Rosemary Thomson and co-Conductor Dennis Colpitts
- nine fantastic concert experiences where you are the stars of the show
- opportunities to gain valuable volunteer experience with our other Education and Outreach
- mentorship and sectional instruction from the Okanagan Symphony’s professional musicians
- the Side-by-Side concert series where you join the OSO players on stage for 3 performances
- forming new relationships with other musicians in the Okanagan Valley
- November and May pizza party, potluck Christmas party
- offers to register for Masterclasses with world-renowned guest artists
- and the only way to learn how to play in an orchestra is to actually play in an orchestra!
Throughout the year we occasionally order pizza for in-between concerts. Musicians may choose to be included in this and there is a $5 pizza fee. This is optional.
Parents contribute Potluck items to Camp as well as provide “Goodies” for Concerts.
All registration payments are subject to a non-refundable administration fee of $50.00. No refunds will be given after 60 days of the program start date.